As a 25+ year developer of web-based applications, I’ve hated having to build all the code necessary to run a full-scale, multi-user database-“centric” application. Professional-level applications require a lot of code to perform the necessary tasks that go into a robust, well structured application.
While there are many frameworks available, I’ve found them lacking the professional-level tools I’ve needed to be able to do thing things I’ve needed for the types of applications needed. As a result, I’ve been forced to develop most, if not all, of the housekeeping software myself.
My Shopping List
This is a list of features that are required to develop a complex business application:
- Role-Based Security Support
- Application sign-in with encrypted password support
- Multi-level Menus based on the Role-Based Security model
- Time-based Multi-User Resource Locking
- Automated User Interface
- Themed Layout across entire Application
- Automated Screen Layouts
- Automated Buttons
- Database Integration with SQL Server
- Complete separation of Business Logic from Applications Logic
- Reusable application components